13 January 2017

Film Review - La La Land (2016)





La La Land is the incredible new musical, comedy sensation that is sweeping the award season and taking the world by storm. Already winning 7 awards at the 2017 Golden globes and snapping up numerous nominations at this year's BAFTA Awards. Following Mia and Sabastian, two wannabe stars who fall in love in this stunning LA based magic ride. Love, Heartache, downfalls and rising to the top. These are just some of the hurdles that face this adorable and stunning couple.

La La Land is a film I have been waiting so long to see. As a die Hard Emma Stone (Easy A The Help) fan since I seen her in her starring role debut in Easy A in back in 2010, and seeing her previously in Superbad, Paperman (Unlikely Hero UK title) and The house Bunny, I have been following her from her beginning and now I can honestly say I see a well-deserved Oscar in her very near future.

The handsomely charming Ryan gosling (Drive, The Big Short) is also at his career best in this film. Stunning, Stunning, Stunning]

I am going to admit, I am not a musical fan, of course, I love Pitch Perfect and some of the classics like The Wizard Of Oz and Mary Poppins but I am an armature when it comes to musicals.

After seeing this film I think not only will this make people go back and watch the classics but will bring on a new line of incredible musical.

The cinematography was stunning as well. Everything in this film was excellent.

I want to be an actor and filmmaker some day and after seeing this film It has made me want ti more. I want to live in La La Land. Wonderful, magical and raw.

I loved that neither Stone nor Gosling is trained singers, their voices were raw and natural and everything about the music was authentic and raw.

I have developed a love for jazz and theatre (even though I am a theatre man anyway) this has made me want to see shows on Broadway.

I would love to see this become a stage musical, only if there is one condition – Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling have to be in it!

I can not rave any more about this film I have already booked my tickets to see it another two times, and I can assure you that I shall be seeing it at least 5 times.

Do yourself a favour. Even if you not a musical fan this film will tip you over the edge.

Incredible, magical, wonderful and Raw.

★★★★★| Ross Wilcock


Drama, Musical | USA, 2016 | 12A | 12th January 2017 (UK) | Lionsgate Films | Dir.Damien Chazelle | Ryan Gosling, Emma Stone, John Legend, J.K Simmons, Rosemarie DeWitt

No comments:

Post a Comment