14 January 2017

Movie Review - Delusion (2016)



Delusion follows the story of a man who is grieving over the loss of his wife three years previous. He goes, with his good friend to a secluded cabin in the woods and there befriends local women, who will make his life a living hell.

So I got offered the chance to view Delusion and I was pretty excited seeing what the plot was. And going into it everything pretty much went well.

There were a few cases of bad acting and some sorry dialogue but for the most part, I thought this film was pretty decent.

I liked that it was the male character playing the victim and the female character was the stalker, it has happened in horror but not too often enough.

Something else I really enjoyed about the film was the fact that the characters were a lot older than the usual home invasion, slasher films of today. I thought that gave the film a unique touch because of as much as I am a slasher fan I like to see a little bit of a new take and now having teens or people in their 20s getting preyed on was a nice refreshing take on the genre.

Now setting, the setting was pretty epic as well it was well set up being set in a cabin in the woods. Although it wasn’t the creepiest of houses during the way the night scenes and dark tone of the film filled the atmosphere with a sense of dread and threat, which I enjoyed.

The acting was a little sour at times and could have been done with some fine tuning but you know what that come with the territory with indie horror films. I wouldn't exactly say it was off-putting, but people more into mainstream films may have issues with this. So being an indie film fan I can let film away with not having such good acting.

All in all, Delusion was a fun and entertaining watch I would recommend it if you use it at a local festival or on your local streaming website.

Cool, Edgy and dark.

★★★| Ross Wilcock

Horror, Thriller | USA, 2016 | Amazon Video | Out Now | Dir. Christopher Di Nunzio | David Graziano, Jami Tennille, Irina Peligrad | Rent/Buy:Delusion

Delusion - Official Trailer from Christopher Di Nunzio on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment